12 April 2010

What a great weekend!

I hope you all had a great weekend! Anyone work on their entry for my contest? ;)

This weekend I went down to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, Plymouth to be specific, and attended one of my best friend's baby shower! She's the first of the group to get married and start a family so it's all very exciting!

I was extra excited because I got to help bake and set up for the shower since I was staying with her, and she let me paint her nails!! Honestly, who can say no to a free manicure? Not Tracie!

She's due in the end of June and they are going to be having a beautiful baby girl, Olivia Kate! The nursery is decorated gorgeously in pink and brown polka dots, and so I found an adorable (and extremely soft) blanket that was brown with pink polka dots and had it monogrammed with Olivia's name. It matched the nursery almost too perfectly!

We, of course, had to match her nails to the nursery too! Haha, here's the finished mani!

You can never go wrong with a polka dot manicure! :)

With cursive O's on the thumbs for Olivia!
We used Color Club Yachty Yadda as the base color and then Savvy Melon Fusion (from the new Femme Couture collection), and Pure Ice Magic for the dots and O's!

Posing with the Mommy-to-be! Love her so much!

I opted for simple and chic for my nails: Pure Ice Risk Taker which is a gorgeous gun metal color! 

I'm gonna post swatches of the new Savvy and Pure Ice polishes I acquired last week. So stay tuned later in the week...thinking Thursday. 



Lots of Love to the Loyal followers and readers! And to new comers as well!
Thanks for reading and have a great Monday!
Kayla

3 comments:

  1. How fun to share your love polish and paint a friends tips. I love doing that. Looks and sounds like you had a great time! Baby Olivia is going to have a wonderful "Auntie" to paint her nails. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh how sweet of you! Think it will be a lovely babygirl and she is having a very swet and caring "aunt":-)
    Lovely manicure you gave your friend.
    She is looking gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the lovely comments ladies! I think Olivia will be a lovely babygirl as well!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting! I read every comment and appreciate you taking the time to write to me! Thanks so much! :)