17 March 2010

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Hope you guys had a terrific day! Some of you better have gone and had some green beer! I didn't. I sandbagged all day. And that's all the fun I could handle. I did do a green manicure for the holiday though! It held up surprisingly well too! Here it is:

I used China Glaze Gussied Up Green as a base and then sponged on Orly Rage and Milani Hi-Tech.
I wanted to have the pot of gold/rainbow feel without actually painting on a pot of gold and a rainbow. I think this achieved it! Especially when the sun hit it just right!



Let me know what you guys think!


    March 17th is a special day for me, not only because it's St. Patrick's Day and I love Ireland, but because it's my grandpa's birthday. He passed away about 4 years ago and would have been 76 today. He was a great part of my life and watching him get sick was very hard for me. Seeing him in the hospital was something I could barely handle. I was his girl from the moment I was born. I'm so much like him it's crazy. He even passed down his migraines to me (although that's the one thing I wish he'd have kept!)! There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of him. I keep a photo of us at my high school graduation on my bedside table, the look on his face shows his love and how proud he was of me and that's how I've chosen to remember him.

The funny thing is, my grandma firmly believes he is haunting her house. Only because the basement door randomly opens. We (the grandkids) all laughed at this and while it would be his sense of humor, we think its just not latching/she's forgetting she has opened it. I do kind of like the thought that he's still hanging around, maybe listening to some oldies. Haha, that's a great memory: he would pick me and my brother up from school and we'd have to listen to the oldies and it would never fail that The Fifth Dimension's Up, Up and Away would come on. We would sing along, making fun of it as we went, but now I love the song because of the great memories. It also made me really want to buy the whole China Glaze Up and Away collection. 



Happy St. Patty's Day!
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and commenting! I read every comment and appreciate you taking the time to write to me! Thanks so much! :)