24 January 2010

Can you ever have too much nail polish?

Yesterday I went to the mall with my parents. Hey, all the cool kids go to the mall with their parents! Right? Anyways..I went because the weather was bad and my mom didn't want to go alone or even drive for that matter (that's what my dad was there for).  My mom asked me why I wanted to go, since she was just going for a hair cut. I said I wanted to look at nail polish.

That got me the classic "Are you kidding me?" look. Followed with: "Nail polish? Don't you think you have enough nail polish. Enough makeup for that matter!".  I was confused. Enough nail polish? Enough makeup? Was there such a thing? Had I passed the normal point of "Hey I think I've rounded out my collection very nicely."

Two seconds of thought goes by.

Nope. Definitely not. And while this may not have been the answer she was hoping for, she didn't press on. Thank god.

I should really show her some of the blog/youtube makeup collections I've seen. She would probably leave me alone. I don't really have that much. I've only recently become very obsessed with makeup. So my collection has probably grown at a rate my mom would probably consider "financially unhealthy".  But to her relief (well once I show her those collections), my collection only barely fills a large four drawer Sterilite roll away container. That's nothing in the makeup blog world.

Okay, back to the mall story.  At the hair salon they didn't have any OPI polishes that I was looking for. Except Done Out In Deco, but their prices didn't please me. Yes, Mom, I'm a bargain shopper! While my parents were looking at coats for my dad in Herberger's I took the opportunity to see what the hair salon in the store had to offer. Gold mine!!! They had a clearance table full of goodies. OPI for 50% off! And every single color was on my list. So I left with three full size OPIs and a mini set, and spent less than $20! Here's my new little buddies:
Back: L-R: Banana Bandanna, Done Out In Deco, My Private Jet
Front: Holiday Wishes Mini Merries L-R: Shimmery Chic, Holiday Glow, Comet Loves Cupid and All A-Bordeaux the Sled!


I'm extremely excited that I got My Private Jet half off considering its the new formulation...but since the old one was 50% off she gave me the new at that price! Score!  I can't wait to use it and Shimmery Chic is beckoning too. I don't know how often I'll use Comet Loves Cupid or All A-Bordeaux the Sled as they aren't colors I would normally wear but maybe I'll get creative.

I used Banana Bandanna and Done Out in Deco for a look I'm submitting to The Daily Nail's contest. Take a look at the contest! It's a neat concept! Here's my look...its actually the second one I'm sending because my first one was terrible. No need to post that one! Ugh!
I used OPI's You Don't Know Jacques! Matte as the base. Using my handy dotting tool I randomly dotted on Done Out in Deco, Banana Bandanna, China Glaze's For Audrey and Lavender Lingo, and Urban Outfitter's Green 2. 

Okay, that's all for tonight.
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and commenting! I read every comment and appreciate you taking the time to write to me! Thanks so much! :)