12 February 2010

You can't always get what you want...

What I wanted: A beautiful soft pink nail with a Ruby Pumps french tip.

What I got: A mess.

I originally didn't want to do a Valentine's Day NOTD, mostly because I think Valentine's Day is overrated and corny.  I was going to do an "Anti-Valentine's Day" nail but I never really came up with a design I liked.

Then everyone started posting these beautiful soft pink nails. I went back to the days when I constantly wore OPI Mod About You on my nails. I yearned for the that beautiful soft pink to be on my nails. And tonight I decided that I was going to go with the flow, be a sheeple, etc. and do a Valentine's Day nail. I had purchased ChG Lavender Lingo thinking it was a soft purple (at least the swatch looked that way on TransDesign) but it ended up being a soft pink. I hadn't tried it before tonight and thought, "What the heck, let's do it!" 

It was quite lovely on its own. Then I added Ruby Pumps to the tips. That, too, looked fantastic. I was loving it.

And then I smudged almost every other finger. I don't know how I did it. Just talented, I guess.  I touched them up and decided to put heart rhinestones on two fingers. That went fine.

I should have stopped there. I grabbed my French White creme by Wet N' Wild and used my dotting tool to add a white heart to two more fingers. DISASTER. The hearts themselves turned out great, but I somehow managed to smudge my nails some more. Fixed that, waited, and added my Seche Vite. Now, it had been a good 30-45 minutes after applying the Ruby Pumps, but that didn't stop it from streaking across my nails.

With a frustrated sigh I got rid of the evidence. Well most of it, I managed to get Ruby Pumps under my nails and need to clean it up. Ugh, I'm back to being anti-Valentine's Day. Boo hoo, right? :)

Anyone else have any nail painting horror stories? I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and commenting! I read every comment and appreciate you taking the time to write to me! Thanks so much! :)